I created this recipe by throwing in a pot everything my body was craving when I started to feel sick: curry, coconut milk, ginger, chug mushroom tea.. AND I was too surprised with how amazing the taste turned out + how much better it made me feel.
So this is how I got over the start of a cold in 1 day!
I woke up with a sore throat, headache, heavy head and feeling a little congested and lethargic. I had so many things planed for the days coming though feeling sick and staying in bed wasn’t one of them! So I decided to dedicate to flushing and healing my body before the symtoms got worse. And let me tell you, after having this soup and nourishing my body I was feeling like a new me!
- 2-3 pieces of dried chaga mushroom
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 table spoons of red curry paste
- 1/2 cup of cut up broccoli
- 1/2 cup of Cut up zucchini
- 1/4 cup of mushroom
- 2 cup of rice noodles
- 3 bock Choy leaves
- In a pan mix on medium -high
- 2 inches of ginger
- 1 Table spoon of peanut oil
- bean sprouts
- Start by putting 2 cups of water in a pot and boiling with the chaga mushroom pieces to make chaga tea.
- Once that’s heating up, cut up all your veggies, as big or as small as you’d like them in your soup.
- Add your table spoon on peanut oil with your table spoons of red curry paste and your ginger cut up to a pot. Turn it on medium high and let them cook together for 5 minutes
- Next, add one cup of coconut milk and 2 cups of chaga tea to the mixture and boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and all your veggies and rice noodles. Let it simmer together for 4 minutes.
- add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve and add a hand full of bean sprouts, Mint and Peanuts ( also if you have cilantro!)
Now you have a nice looking bowl sure to warm you up and help speed up the healing process!
A little about Chaga:
The reason why I decided to infuse this soup with chaga tea is because The chaga is the secret ingredient! It’s known as the king of mushrooms and a huge superfood.
- it boosts the immunity system
- reduces inflamation
- prevents and fights cancer cells
- reduces stress
- lowers cholesterol
- 200+ phytonutrients
- its adaptogenic, helping your body regulate stress
- normalizes blood pressure
- protects DNA
The list goes on but I think we all get it right? The main thing I’ve felt is a huge boost in my immunity Every time I drink the tea or cook with it.
I hope this was helpful and that you enjoy your soup bowl! Let me know if you try out this recipe.
Learning & Growing,