Glass jars are the best way to pack up a meal, store away leftovers, keep fresh pre- cut vegetables in the fridge and even to serve drinks and food with.
ALSO, they are great for on-the-go days. 🙂
For some reason, breakfast is the meal I struggle with the most to prepare. Trying to keep it healthy, simple and filling is a challenge of mine. Maybe that’s why I was so happy with this combo, but anyways it’s really yummy so I thought I’d share!
All you need:
- a pot
- coconut flakes
- chia seeds
- cacao nibs
Instructions: In a boiling pot, add your oats. Reduce to simmer and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, chop up the fruits and get your glass jar ready. What I like to do is add layers. This way when you eat from the jar you get a little bit of everything in every spoon. Layer as you wish! All I recommend is adding the cinnamon straight on top of the oats so it mixes in nicely.
This day I was eating at home, but if you are late for the office all you need to do is place a lid on your jar and there you are a homemade breakfast. No need to stop at Starbucks on your way to work for an overpriced bagel 🙂
Healing benefits of these ingredients:
- Oats– Aids in digestion, helps control blood sugar and lowers cholesterol levels.
- cinnamon- A natural anti-inflammatory, fights off infections and viruses, helps fight cancer.
- Coconut flakes-Balances hormones, fights candida, reduces cellulite.
- Chia seeds– Helps build endurance, source of Omega-3, promotes hydration and stabilizes blood sugar.
- Banana– Anti-Inflamtory and anti-cancer properties, reduces pre-mature aging of blood cells,helps blood circulation and immune system.
- Cacao nibs– Maintains muscle and nerve function, enhances mood, anti-inflammatory, prevents anemia.
- Papaya– regulates menstruation, prevents infection, helps prevent arthritis and has anti-cancer properties.
If you have any ideas of plant based breakfast recipes I’d love to hear about it!
Learning & Growing,