Vegan Tacos don’t have to be boring.
This is by far the yummiest taco I made. I was going for a flavorful taco, you know something you eat and you’re like WOW.
Aside from this recipe being super easy, It is filled with nutrients from all the herbs, veggies and spices used. Perfect for a quick meal or to serve when you have people over 🙂
Let me know if you try it at home!
- Purple onion
- purple cabbage
- corn tortilla
- black pepper
- cooking oil
Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Chop up the potatoes into small pieces, add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried basil to taste. Place them in the oven for approximately 30 minutes until they look cooked on the outside.
In a pan or pot, heat the stove to medium- high. Add 2 table spoons of cooking oil of choice ( I used sunflower). Chop up the onion into small squares and add to the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir until onions are golden brown. About 5-7 minutes. Turn off the stove and set aside
Chop up all the extra raw veggies : Tomatoes, cabbage, cilantro. Set aside.
In a large pan, add the soft corn tortillas and set the stove to low heat. Warm up the tortillas. (optional)
Set up your taco with your caramelized onion, baked potatoes and extra veggies. Add hint of lime juice to taste.
For an even more authentic taste, add avocados. Or add a guacamole paste. Heres the recipe for that:
- garlic powder
Smash the avocados into a bowl. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Chop up the cilantro into small pieces and mix it in. For a nice kick to it, squeeze a little bit of lime 🙂
Let me know if you have any great authentic vegan taco recipes to share! Let me know your feedback and if you try it out!
When I cook, I try to become aware of how each ingredient I consume is nurturing my body. So i’d love to share with you what you are getting from this recipe/ ingredients!
Healing properties of these ingredients:
- Potatoes – More potassium than a banana. Great source of vitamin B6. Fiber, magnesium, antioxidants.
- Purple onions –Lowers blood sugar, fights off oral bacteria, promotes digestive health. 10 % of daily vitamin C.
- Purple cabbage – Fights inflammation, boosts the immune system, fights chronic diseases. Promotes a healthy gut.
- Tomatoes- Improves vision, prevents cardiovascular disease, prevents urinary tract infections, great for bones hair and skin.
- Cilantro –Rids the body of heavy metals,lowers anxiety and improves sleep,settles digestive upset, supports healthy menstrual functions.
- Lime – Treats respiratory disorder, treats arthritis, relieves constipation, aids in digestion.
- Avocado- Helps you absorb nutrients from plants, great for the eyes, loaded with potassium and antioxidants, prevents cancer and heart disease.
This is what “food that heals” is all about! I hope you enjoyed <3